Tuesday, November 18, 2014

horizontal stripes

It's ok to wear horizontal stripes. No, they don't make us look fat. When in doubt, use a belt to accentuate the waist, hiding your stomach.
 Draw the eye away with colorful accessories.
 For cold days, layer with a neutral colored sweater or blazer. I like to wear colorful but not clashing shoes with a neutral colored palette.

For my first fashion blog, I chose a casual but on trend outfit. I'm wearing Ralph Lauren pants I got for half price at T.J. Maxx. I bought a tan and black horizontal stripes dress from Marshalls on clearance. It's fitted so to hide my belly, I used a belt with the same colors. I love this belt because it has no holes. You make it as tight or as loose as you need.
My shoes were a great find in Hong Kong, New balance loafers. Comfort is essential in my job.

I layered it all with a cardigan from the banana republic outlets.

A word on brand names. I don't care whose name is on my clothes. I just wanted a brand that I can trust for good quality fabric and sewing at prices I can afford. So there are certain designers I trust.








No comments:

Post a Comment